Shop Megathread

An idea for a “May the 4th” theme: this blue in the top menus and then the orange/yellow inside the lists!

6 Likes

@phillryu Since the shop selection seems to be managed remotely, I wonder if it would be possible to review the next day’s selection on your device (within the release version of Clear) before it gets pushed out to everyone, to help reduce how often issues crop up. I understand some of this is due to IAP approval from Apple, but maybe it is best to hold off on including those until you know for sure they have been approved.

1 Like

We were just setting up a sandbox shop for this purpose! It should be ready for me to start using later this week I think.

4 Likes

:partying_face:

3 Likes

Thank you, it’s a pleasure :beers:

2 Likes

:pray: they’re both delicious! Great ideas from you.

2 Likes

Cola icon :heart_eyes: That was an insta-buy

3 Likes

This one is still a work in progress by David but we think could be a nice line of future icons, it was fun riffing on some of our favorite logos with nostalgic memories attached the past couple weeks:

7 Likes

@phillryu Tell me please, I saw somewhere in the topics that the Red Eye theme was changed, and now it’s Terminal T800, I understand that Glow in the Dark is probably Terminal Smith now? And the topic is Caution! Which I really liked, I understand that she may not return to the store, as there is a Yellow Highlighter that looks like her.

1 Like

Glow in the Dark I think is distinct enough from Terminal Smith, we had just been reserving it for a future secret reward. Same with Caution!

5 Likes

Wow! That’s great news for me, thank you.

1 Like

Just wondering, not complaining!.. About the pricing in the shops. are you determined that €2.99 is the best price point and was that a researched best price point or just a hunch?

Personally, im not sure if having a cheaper price point would bring in more or less money. Ive bought 3 themes, the first was more of a ‘i want to pay for this great app’ and then i bought Boiling Point and fire and Ice after a wee bit of wine :slight_smile: and then thought tbh they look much better in the shop than on a list. but anyway…

i just think at 99c id buy something every month, maybe more. at 2.99 not so much.

Would you ever have flash sales?

4 Likes

I think the idea of some occasional flash sales in the shop sounds good.

Besides that, I would also like to add an other idea: If someone buys more than one item at a time (within 24 hours), they could get a gradual discount when purchasing a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th item (the prices could drop in the shop to reflect that). This way it gets more appealing to buy more.

In addition to that, I also think that it would be nice if there could be some special rewards (or even some sort of credits to get free future items of their choice) especially for collectors, who buy many items within a week or a within a month. :slightly_smiling_face: (Hopefully, in this case, you will not forget those who have already purchased tons of themes/icons/quotes/sounds before, until now! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::innocent:)

5 Likes

Is this the much talked about and beloved “meaty” theme?

2 Likes

Also, if I could add one request concerning the shop, it would be this: Once in a while, there could be a day (or at least a few -flash- hours) that we would have the option to purchase Rewards from Tutorial, Advanced and Gift Clear lists, for those who would prefer to buy a specific item right away, instead of trying to earn them over time with other methods. The option to buy them could appear directly within the Tutorial, Advanced and Gift Clear lists, instead of the shop, which would distinguish them from other purchases.

Of course it would be… CLEAR to everyone (no pun intended! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:), that these items could also be earned free of charge, and are offered for purchase for a limited time, solely for those who would like to further support the app development, without the time delay or other effort to earn them. (:thinking: Or maybe also for those of us who are getting desperate to get the last 3 Gift Clear rewards, but… are running out of friends who could try the app on an iPhone! :sweat_smile::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

4 Likes

Both ideas are good, flash sales and discount for more than one item buy per day maybe ? For example I bought today two icons, maybe some cents discounts

1 Like

Yeah there is no way I can unlock this just let me buy this and get it over with already :frowning:

4 Likes

The same goes for this! No way to unlock them, if most of your friends don’t have an iPhone… :confused:

Pleeeeeease! Make them available for purchase! :pray::innocent: Or at least make it possible to earn them in some way that depends on us, like the rest of the rewards. Not only on other users or more devices…

5 Likes

Same situation over here , maybe some
Other way to unlock it

1 Like

I don’t know if other people are a fan of these, but I do hope the shop moves on from “corporate” stuff. At least to me, opening the shop lately has been feeling a little too much like looking at ads for big companies rather than an ad for Clear icons and themes.

3 Likes