Shop Megathread

Got it yeah that could be fun. What is this pattern, like I know it… but trying to more specifically locate it. Movie theater carpeting in the 90s? Feels too fun for coach buses lol.

I don’t know what it’s called, but according to ChatGPT it’s called Memphis Design. I originally just googled “saved by the bell background”.

1 Like

That’s cool skimming their wikipedia. I feel like my interior decoration tastes actually are influenced by them.

1 Like

The shop icons had a lag of a few seconds randomly when opening it sometimes. 15 Pro

1 Like

I’ve been noticing this more lately, will check if it’s the server under some pressure or something else.

I love the chocolate donut theme. The highlight colors for fonts stand out against the plain brown, and it’s not just beautiful but makes my lists very legible. I’d like to see more themes like this.

4 Likes

It’s a great theme. We kind of stumbled onto it with the ‘donuts’ inspiration, it’s an unusual color combo we wouldn’t have tried otherwise. But I agree, very curious what other themes might work well with this kind of combo.

1 Like

I love the pink color in small details.

1 Like

First post just to say a tremendous thank you for the Clear Notes icon. Outside of Field Notes themselves getting into the digital app space, I can’t think of a better app to take on a notebook-inspired icon.

I’m not sure of the feasibility, but would love to pair this icon with a dot-graph paper theme. Then it would be as close to having a Field Notes notebook on my phone!

6 Likes

That’s awesome. I have a couple of them myself, though they always end up aspirational haha. (I just have terrible/slow hand writing so it ends up being better for me to type.) But yeah we definitely have some shared aesthetics between them and Clear.

Do you mean like a grid background theme? It would be an R&D project to see if we can make background images work for a new class of ‘graphic themes’. We’re pretty interested in that, but not sure yet on timeline.

1 Like

Yes. Dot graph is what I meant to type. Since the icon appears to have been inspired by the Expedition notebooks, this seems like it would be a natural pairing, but I can appreciate the technical challenge.

3 Likes

Look at the Item Box now:

1 Like

Is this fixed if you relaunch/re-enter? I was literally just adding a few things right now! Might’ve messed up while I was filling in a couple fields.

I restarted my iPhone but the bug is still there.

Ok got it, will see if Arun can fix on the server side and I guess I need to be more careful live editing! Hopefully it’s non glitchy for others visiting first time since then.

Today was supposed to be Animals Day but I woke up like 10 minutes before shop opens and all the new 2.1.2 IAP still isn’t approved, taking longer than usual. Swapped in Game day for now. If they are approved relatively early today I may swap in new shop then.

4 Likes

Hi,

I’d just like to report that today, the free Hylia font appeared above the Games to Play quotation pack in the shop listing. And when I went to claim the font, it purchased the quotation pack instead.

It did let me claim the font afterwards.

1 Like

I believe we fixed this (probably minutes after you grabbed it). Will keep an eye out for more reports!

Also if that quotation pack transaction went through, it’s obviously 110% grounds for a refund. You should be able to get one via Apple in a straightforward way as long as it was recent: Request a refund for apps or content that you bought from Apple - Apple Support

1 Like

It’s fixed! Thanks

1 Like

Is the font “monster madness” in the shop bugged?

4 Likes

I was able to buy it with no issue , what do you mean?