Clear for Apple Watch TestFlight

Sweet!

Thank you Phil! Love your work mate :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just posted a new TestFlight build for Watch testers. This is a likely shipping candidate build, please report back with final feedback or issues found!

The new complications options to shortcut directly into individual lists is quite nice for setups like this:

Build notes:

Final(?) Apple Watch TestFlight build:
ā€¢ New complication options to shortcut into each of your lists
ā€¢ Displays reminder tags
ā€¢ Individual themed lists support

Please report any issues in club.useclear.com or phill@impending.com. Thank you all for testing.

When Clear 2.3 is out on the App Store (likely later next week) you should update to it on the App Store page and continue with the release versions.

Includes some other fixes too:
ā€¢ Fixed tag area not responding to taps in certain lists
ā€¢ Default new users to no quotes
ā€¢ Crash fix: dragging sound themes into volume level areas
ā€¢ Shop noise bug fix
ā€¢ Rare drag and drop crash
ā€¢ iPad back button size and position adjusted to sane levels

3 Likes

the complications for individual lists are a complete game changer. just tried it. using Metropolitan to get 4 complications for the 4 lists i use. instead of having a clear complication on my normal face, much better to have a metropolitan one with all my lists just a couple of swipes away. works great and will mean i use clear on my watch an awful lot.

4 Likes

Awesome! Yeah I really like how useful these turned out, and itā€™s a little satisfying when I checked the other todo apps and they donā€™t seem to have them :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Are there also small circular complications for individual lists? (pretty please) :slight_smile:

Just the one before, a general shortcut to Clear with its round icon. If we added variants like that the complications list would end up being super long.

Thatā€™s very disappointingā€¦ :face_with_diagonal_mouth: I think it would be extremely useful on many watch faces, especially the Modular one. The current one (I think) can only be used on analog watch faces, which I personally never useā€¦

So easy to use! I see all my lists and the tasks are clear even with all the different fonts and themes I have for each list :grin:

2 Likes

Soā€¦ This beta expired yesterday, and I had to download the app store versionā€¦
Is there any way to get the Watch App back?

Sorry about that! We should have a new TF up later today. (It will merge the latest navigation reboot and design tweaks, started to have too many separate branches to manage.)

4 Likes

I see the other TF beta with nav reboot etc has been removed. Should we look here for a new TF invite for the beta mentioned above or should we see it populate in the TestFlight app as a new version update (if that makes sense)?

You mentioned having too many different branches to wrangle so figured I should ask. Thanks as always.

Hm it should be available for that TestFlight group, you donā€™t see build 9199? (Version 100)

It might be worth force quitting/relaunching TestFlight app if you had it open already checking earlier today, I have to do that sometimes to properly refresh it for new builds.

Sadly no Iā€™m not seeing any builds available to install.

If it helps, I was on the last clear beta you posted in the Clear X thread. The one with new settings for the back button etc. Prior to that I was on the Apple Watch build

Ahh, found the version Iā€™m currently on. It says tester removed. It was build Version number: 100 (9194)

Itā€™s under the previously tested section and says build removed. The developer removed you from the test program.

:cry: lol. Think Iā€™m addicted to Clear

Just to add, I went ahead and installed the public release over the removed beta thinking that might allow the new beta to populate in TF. I know thatā€™s been the case in the past. No luck though.

Not sure what happened there but you can try rejoining the Clear X beta link: Join the Clear: Minimalist Todo Lists beta - TestFlight - Apple

I think have to remove yourself from Clear inside TestFlight app first, before you can join another link for it.

All is right in the world again!!

Iā€™d deleted the removed build or actually removed myself from testing and that helped. I recall there being more than one TestFlight at some point but I could be wrong. There was an Apple Watch beta and later a clear X beta (both on different threads on the forums). I was on both in that order and I think the X beta didnā€™t have Apple Watch included. I had to remove the first Apple Watch beta before it would let me join the X beta. As if there were two separate Clear betas in TestFlight.

Either way itā€™s good now and I appreciate your replies.

1 Like

Hi @phillryu , I just joined the Apple Watch TestFlight. I see Clear on the available Apple list in the watch app with an install button. When I try to install, it just keeps spinning around. Any suggestions on how to successfully install on watch 10?

1 Like

Check your DMā€™s. I sent you info on your post. I wouldā€™ve posted it here but the forum was acting strange and it wouldnā€™t reply. Trying again below:

Check to be sure the ā€˜install on Apple Watchā€ button is green on the Testflight for clear app page.

Open TestFlight and find clear. Tap the clear icon to open the app info. Scroll toward the bottom and youā€™ll see a button to allow it to install on the watch.

Once you select that button it should automatically begin installing. Hope that helps.

Yay it worked this time :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was not aware of this TestFlight app option, that sounds likely to help.

But I do vaguely remember rebooting devices and such here and trying a couple times to get watch apps to install here and when we are developing it. I donā€™t think just for Clear either, sometimes the bluetooth stuff is pretty wonky! Keep us posted.