What's on your Home Screen? (Wallpaper/Favorite Apps etc. thread)

My current Home Screen:

I’ve been enjoying using the Mac OS X Panther wallpaper on my phone, something about setting an older wallpaper on this new device makes it feel strangely futuristic. Got the wallpaper from this archive of all past Apple Wallpapers.

Clear icon is Foundation from Dmitry:

Vibes is a cool new app coming from an indie app friend, Andy Allen’s Not Boring apps.

I think it’s great, the ambient music it generates is very chill and it pairs well with Clear. I believe he’s shooting for mid summer or so to launch it.

P.S. this is my attempt to get some more off-topic discussions started on these forums in the water cooler.

4 Likes

My wallpaper cycles through some my favourite artists, James Jean, Andrew hem etc and a couple of my own pieces. I don’t think I have a favourite app atm however I’m a massive fan of devs that create apps better stock apps like the contacts app by Cardhop

1 Like

here’s my home screen :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I keep coming back to a modified version of the linen wallpaper from many years ago. Makes my eyes happy.

2 Likes

I used that linen wallpaper for years!

3 Likes

It’s a classic!
My Lock Screen is where I entertain.

2 Likes

I propose there are 6 basic types of Home Screen/Lock Screen wallpaper personalities. Let’s see how this theory bears out in this thread.

1. Default Apple wallpapers
  2. Photo of partner/pet/kid/loved one
  3. Pure Black minimalist
  4. Beautiful art or landscapes appreciator
  5. Pop culture fanboy
  6. Designer types with a tasteful wallpaper designed specifically for homescreen use

Actually maybe one more thinking of my history:

1. Cycles between all of the above
4 Likes

I’ve always found a small satisfaction in framing my apps as the sky/stars that someone is looking up at :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

That’s a great idea for a more minimal Home Screen. Beautiful wallpaper, can you share the source?

1 Like

Sure, stumbled on it at random long ago did some digging and found a surviving link, can’t attest to the quality of this source:

Some ones I’ve used to similar effect in the past:

1 Like

Current setting :iphone:

4 Likes

Do you think we’re missing out by just hanging out on Twitter and not on Mastodon? I was wondering if we should at least consider mirroring our @UseClear tweets onto an account there.

3 Likes

Of course. I would be very glad to see you in the ranks of mastodon. @UseClear :+1:

4 Likes

You are definitely missing out. Most of the cool kids have left Twitter. I was watching a mirror of your Twitter feed that I thought was you. It would be nice to have you actually there.

1 Like

2 Likes

What do you use to make it look like a screenshot of the actual device?

I’ve been starting to try and use Mastodon more, but most people I follow have stopped posting there. I’d love to add Clear to the list if you start posting there!

2 Likes

simple simple simple

6 Likes

Wow, I respect the minimalism. I have minimal moods but I’ve never gone quite that far. 50% indie presence on your dock :heart:

3 Likes