Share your favorite icons

Thought it might be fun to share everyone’s favorite icons in a new thread

(you can drag and drop to reorder them if you didn’t know)

4 Likes

We should definitely be expanding on some fashion inspired collectibles outside of that single hand bag! (And some drink variants too.)

Adam’s icon contributions are all great. Hoping he has some more ideas here and there in the future.

3 Likes

2 Likes

I think it’s going to be very very difficult for any icon to take the first place from the Spellbook.

1 Like

Currently using the matching icon from the Midnight theme

There are so many good icons! Generally speaking, I find myself gravitating toward the retro icons the most (Clear Boy, Mac '84, Pong, VHS Logo), but I probably have used a different icon every day since public release. I also really love the simple ones, many of which come with themes like Clear X, Minimalist Dark, or today’s Pizza Delivery. Speaking of which: The one that has actually grown on me the most is Heatmap’s. I was such a fan of the original Clear and the classic icon, I don’t think I realized just how good Heatmap’s icon is and how well it melds Clear 1 with Clear 2. And then there are a couple that were designed after I previously gave my thoughts on icon ideas, like “Overview Effect” and “Rainy Days”. Needless to say, I love Clear’s icons. :joy:

2 Likes

Rainbow Prism is my current favorite, but everything in the screenshot is in the rotation. I don’t know why, but I find Checkhov to be the funniest, wittiest thing I’ve seen in a long time.

3 Likes

It’s so awesome to see everyone with such different tastes and preferences!

1 Like

That’s Professor Checkhov! Should probably update the name. But yeah David captured the muppet look really well :smiley: (He modeled it all in 3D.) I can imagine him popping up in episodes of Sesame Street teaching how to be productive while having fun.

And I’ve mentioned in some other threads but we have some ideas for app icon functionality in Clear updates… would at least expect a new widget type in an upcoming update where you can set various icon / shortcuts into Clear lists like a little dock.

1 Like

Top favourites

2 Likes

2 Likes

We don’t need icons (but it’s cool by the way). We need iCloud sync across devices. 1 million times more useful feature.

3 Likes

I don’t disagree! But the other side of the coin is it is that much more costly to us (not only initial sync engine and Mac app rebuild, but now more apps to update and support that slow us down iterating on Clear’s design etc.) so it feels too precariously early to bet the farm on it.

I will say in meaningful ways the icons are fundraising to get us into shape where we can dive into sync.

4 Likes

I don’t think the guy designing the icons is the same guy coding iCloud sync either so it’s not like it’s taking away anything from the development there

2 Likes

In no particular order.

1 Like

How can I get “Foundation”? :open_mouth:

1 Like

Here’s a link to unlock this icon.
:point_down:t3:
http://tinyurl.com/55fj8nsk

5 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing that link. As soon as I saw the icon, I knew exactly which theme I wanted to pair it with…

2 Likes

You’re always welcome, I’m glad you like it.

My wet dream is to have all icons on the phone in black and white, not with skins because I have privacy issues but pure native ones

1 Like