24 new App Icons in 24 Days (mini trailer WIP)

Today I’ve been messing around in Final Cut with this simple video idea, thinking about tweeting it tomorrow and pinning it as a fun ‘the adventure so far’ kind of tweet. Here’s a forum exclusive haha:

10 Likes

Fun. David is an animal. Each time I see a new one over on Twitter I’m like “Man…”

Thought it’d be a certainty that my favorite icon came from him. But Marcelo… whew.

1 Like

Haha yeah all you creative designers in our community are really upping the ante, it was really BasicAppleGuy DMing his icon idea that got us going adding the feature.

Crazy in hindsight we were so committed until now to the ‘simple single icon’ because we were excited about it color matching every theme in the app, with David on our team and all. But yeah I had some tunnel vision there!

The theme icons are still great. After unlocking every icon available so far, it’s still been Welcome To Miami immovable on my home screen. I just love the way it looks. It might finally get bumped for that one by Marcelo, but still maybe not.

I would go deep with the Personalize section long term if I were you. Keep adding and adding bangers, then, instead of one long list, break both Icons and Themes down into subsections like Regular, Legacy, Simple Colors, Apple Inspired, Community, etc., with the ability to favorite, hide, and reorder. Maybe a Featured at the top?

Been loving people starting to make themes to match their icons too. You should push all of them to do that, haha.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, we will be going hard on this. It’s just too much fun. And yeah we’ll start at some point by fixing / enabling sorting in these lists. Then archiving ones you just don’t care for would be useful, perhaps sub categories like you suggest etc.

2 Likes

Stunning new icon in the collection. On the eve of WWDC 2023 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: @UseClear The team doesn’t sleep either. @Usedarkroom :joy:

1 Like

I think my favourite is the Lego icon :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

That one was like the first one we posted on twitter and no icon will ever live up to it lol.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if this has been done already, but will the original app icons from iOS 6 & iOS 7 also be available to go with the original Heatmap (Legacy)? Could be nice addition! Btw: love the Dawn theme - looks really great. The colour palette is perfect and fits well with the original app.

1 Like