Might have told me that before

You probably do / did not rely on Clear as much as some of us did. It was literally what ran my day to day personal life and work life. Every single thing I did and task I performed came from a list on Clear.

Stopped working one way or another? lol! Even on a device that has it functioning perfectly well and is not updated to a new OS? Might want to check that statement.

I found that my laptop app hasn’t received an updated version yet and my laptop Clear works perfectly just like it always did. It updates with the iCloud (according to the little cloud symbol at the top of the app. Now I carry my laptop with me and still use it. But the new apps on iPhone or iPad are completely empty. And I tried to reinstall a previous back up from last month and the back up just merged old lists to my new lists but I didn’t loose anything (just had to delete told completed tasks. But laptop still works fine. None of the I devices have updated and are empty

sorry I wasn’t clear but I updated all my iDevices apps and they all don’t work. The developer hasn’t updated the “Desktop” version through the MacAir App Store and it’s still running exactly as it has. I can add, delete and syncs with the cloud (apparently by the icon that shows up at the top of the app with the little “cloud” symbol that then disappears. but it stays update and current exactly like it has since before the “roll out”. The Destop app does NOT sync with my other iDevices. the mobile apps all just show nothing but instructions (on the iPhone and iPad). Sorry if your “non-updated” desktop app (like mine on my MacAir doesn’t work for you. but it works for mine. hope that was a bit clearer
 BUT now I have to carry my MacAir everywhere I go so I can continue to use the app they way we used to. I’m not the laptop carrying kinda guy so it feels stupid having both my iPhone and my laptop but hey, it’s working on the MacAir (until they update that app then all hell will probably break loose and I have to waste another entire day transferring my lists (that I had emailed to myself before the update) and re-enter 100s of entries for current and future projects as well as daily tasks
 Ugg

I would be ready to lose the Mac version any time.

@phillryu and team not treating this as an absolute emergency and not providing a solution after this many days simply proves what he surmised from my earlier post about. If they cared, they would have provided a solution by now.

We have been treating the migration issues as a total emergency here, been updating more in the main thread for it. Should be testing a build soon with some we’re in touch with that we think will fix a crash on launch and possibly dig up/import a separate ‘legacy data’ store it was not importing before. If these fixes work for them, we will ship the update out to everyone asap. (And also offer TestFlight option as a quicker temporary solution until it’s out.) Fingers crossed.

Thank you
 fingers crossed.

1 Like

Wow! Sync is not working between my iphone and iPad? Why did you release this new Clear then? Do you not consider that an extremely important feature for your users? I am absolutely shocked that I now have to waste my time MANUALLY syncing between devices until you come up with a fix.

1 Like

I understand that people are running around and yelling about their migration issues. But this issue only affects a subset of installs of New Clear. The oversight and irresponsibility of not having sync affects every single installation of New Clear. Might want to reconsider the priorities. SMH.

Trust me data loss (even perceived) is the absolute top software nightmare, especially for a ‘vessel’ app like this. Gotta move quickly because for example some people are panic deleting or giving up and uninstalling when it’s a recoverable situation before deleting, so while it’s a subset it’s an extremely urgent one to triage. May your own important data never encounter a major loss!

2 Likes

Tell me why I should continue with clear if you already showed you are willing to replace it with a totally different app, just like that without warning. How do I know it won’t happen again in the future?

1 Like

I don’t think we have it in us again. If the new Clear is able to find traction and success over time and actually become a sustainable business this time, it will be healthily updated over the years on a more regular schedule. If it doesn’t, it’s done! Don’t expect Clear 3 in 2036.

4 Likes

Hell I just hope I’m alive in 2036 and if I am, I’ll still be using ClearđŸ€˜đŸ»

2 Likes