Do NOT delete your app if it crashes and other migration updates

Try backing out of this list. (Tap towards the bottom/center of your screen for the, and I apologize, invisible back button.)

Can you checkout the instructions on the top? Check if its in the archive, export logs and try relaunching the app?

Your lists are most likely there. Hang in there, weā€™ll get you a build soon.

Can you follow the instructions here? Do NOT delete your app if it crashes and other migration updates

Let me know

Donā€™t know if you updated again or I just finally figured out the new format, but I have found all my lists again, all good!

Hi Cherian, When I go into the Archive, itā€™s just blank with nothing in there other than the title ā€œArchiveā€. Itā€™s just in grey, but I have not had the app turn black or crash at all. That clear log link doesnt work from desktop, but I got it to work in Safari on my phone after entering manually. I believe I was able to send the log. Thanks for the response!!

Beautiful. Thanks for letting us know

We got you in our list. Hang in there. We should get you a new build soon.

1 Like

Did you try out the steps here? Do NOT delete your app if it crashes and other migration updates

Did you try out the steps here? https://club.useclear.com/t/do-not-delete-your-app-if-it-crashes-and-other-migration-updates/1786

Hello! I was a beta tester and I did not use the beta version for my every day Clear lists (still using the old non-beta Clear for that). In the #13 update email, it says that beta lists will be automatically imported if we download the new Clear - but I do not want that! Can I safely update Clear and migrate lists from the non-beta version instead?

Also, when Iā€™m prompted to migrate my Clear lists from non-beta to beta, it does not migrate. So want to make sure I donā€™t lose everything :slight_smile: thanks for all the fun updates and beta testing btw!

1 Like

I donā€™t seem to have archives, or any other option.
Sent logs to support

Douglas Bates

Thank you so much! I know this is frustrating for you and everyone else. Love the app!

1 Like

@cherian just noting I figured this out with Douglas over email. It was our invisible back button tripping him up vs. data loss.

1 Like

Yes so what will happen is both your beta lists and your old Clear lists should be imported. One set will go into the archive. One into My Lists. The latest you interacted with, will go into My Lists. So I recommend adding an item or something in old Clear, then updating it. You should be good then. Let me know.

And for anyone affected and keeping up with this thread, my god I am so sorry about this disaster. I havenā€™t had a chance to properly apologize with so many people to try to give attention to they require, but this is absolutely our worst nightmare (data loss with high stakes like this) only slightly mitigated by the fact that it didnā€™t affect MOST people, which wouldā€™ve probably entirely killed off Clear period.

But yeah we have been in total emergency mode here and take this really seriously. It breaks my heart that we will lose some people who have been happily listing with us for over ten years over this, but will try to focus mainly on everything we are still able to do to salvage these situations and make good if possible.

3 Likes

If I could give a quick updateā€¦So, my app just shows a bright blue screen for a few seconds before it crashes. Every time. I just saw you mention thereā€™s ā€œan invisible back buttonā€ at the bottom. If Iā€™m on the bright blue screen and tap on the bottom, nothing happens. It just crashes again. But! When I open the app again, it starts me off at my list selection screen! It turns out I can successfully open all of my lists without any problems (but my themes are all gone which makes me sad) EXCEPT for my shopping list which is the list I use daily. Tapping on Shopping List immediately crashes the app. I open the app again and Iā€™m back to the bright blue screen (and then a crash). But if I do that trick again (tap on the invisible button), the app opens normally again and works fine until I open that Shopping List.

I donā€™t know if any of that is helpful but I thought it might be relevant.

1 Like

Thank you so much for reporting this. Thatā€™s actually kind of a breakthrough for the other people in your boat with that bright blue screen crash.

We still have work to do to properly track this down and fix it, but it comforts me knowing at least some of you, it should come down to a speck of corrupt data to somehow handle better vs. true wide scale data loss.

We prepared a diagnostics TestFlight but it is now waiting review. Will likely be ready to send out in the morning. @PenskeMaterial when we reach out with this please give it a try, particularly curious to get your log to pair with what you reported. Might help us zero in on whatā€™s causing this case.

My lists are gone! Updated to a new phone today but full backup was done beforehand. Had been updated to version 2 last week. I havenā€™t deleted the apps, how do I access my dozens of lists? How do I revert the app to the data backup? Iā€™m so upset.

1 Like

Can you email me at phill@impending.com with this note Akitts? I think I will be able to help you recover your lists but I want to personally figure it out with you because this is a different situation from the other people here. (Fresh phone + full device restore.)