Is it safe now?

I’ve been using the test flight build for a while (after being a very long time og clear user), but after checking in the forums and seeing all the folks who’ve lost all of their lists, I’m worried to pull the trigger. I’m aware that awards will need to start over and things like that, but I don’t want to lose my lists.

I also don’t want to miss the window to earn my test flight and newsletter bonuses.

Have you figured out what happened to cause so many to lost their lists so that I can go ahead and get the new clear from the App Store?

thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

Nope. If you care bout synchronization between devices, you’ll lose this option.

Honestly you should be fine if you simply:

1. Install release Clear and launch it
  2. Verify lists are there
  3. Delete Clear beta

But if you are worried do this extra step before you do the above:

Use this link to export and save your data in Files app or something (just your lists data): clearx://export-data

Let me know how it goes.

1 Like

Phil. Do NOT delete your app if it crashes and other migration updates - #192 by MaRkFrolov

1 Like

It might be worth waiting for the first patch after 2.0, which isn’t out yet.

I do think it’s worth keeping in mind that most people that experience no issues aren’t going to go to the forums to talk about the lack of trouble they’ve had updating the app. That doesn’t mean there aren’t issues, but that the place people are sent to get support (here) isn’t going to be representative of everyone that uses the app.

It’s so endearing to read messages like this when we are flooded. Makes everything worth it.

This too shall pass.

1 Like

I don’t need that feature, and also they’ve been clear for months that it wouldn’t be ready for this roll out, but thanks for the info just in case

Worked like a charm! I didn’t need to worry after all. I did do the back up just in case and I appreciate that link, but I’m glad to say that I didn’t need it.

Ready to start referring this app to all my friends :slight_smile:

3 Likes