Do NOT delete your app if it crashes and other migration updates

Thanks for the reply. Making great software is not easy and the fact that this app has been so useful for my wife for the past 10 years, speaks to the work you guys put in when you first made this. She was just saying to me couple of months ago, that the Clear app has been the most indispensable app on her phone. It allows her to quickly jot a thought down so she can get to it later.

All the best in supporting and resolving this issue.

3 Likes

Hi, I’m having the same issue, I had a lot of important info stored there and I wasn’t prepared for this switchover. I checked the archive and nothing is there. Please let me know how this can be fixed or where I can get support

1 Like

I just tried to use the link you provided in another post, and it prompted an email, so hopefully that helps as well with data. I have a few lists that transferred over, but the lists are very old…it looks like maybe versions I had two or more years ago. Most of my lists, including my most critical and recently created/updated ones, are still missing. I wasn’t running beta before, and there are no lists in my archive. Thanks for working on this

Thank you! I have them back now after a day of panicking! :slight_smile:

Glad! Did you find it in the archives?

Hello - my lists are gone and app crashes at open after update.

Please DO NOT delete the app. We’ll likely be able to send you a new build soon.

1 Like

I have lost hundreds of lists. I have been using this app for over 10 years. Help!!

Lost years and years of critical information with this new version. Surprised since this app has been ignored for years by developers. Now suddenly, Poof. It’s all gone. Sure hope it van be found and reinstated.

A warning would have been nice.

Please advise. It updated automatically with no action taken by me.
John

Add me to the list of people who lost all their lists. I mean, unless you lost your lists, too.

Same as all the folks. All lists gone. No warning. Critical info gone.

Same here! I cannot click the link to log my issue. Please let me know what to do next

Bennet,

Did you send us the log data? Can you fwd it once more to clear@impending.com

Your data is there. We’ll soon send a build.

Especially for non beta testers who simply updated and lost their lists – do not delete your app. Working on a TestFlight beta that will scan every possible bucket for your data and send us a log so we can verify we have something to work with and go from there. It shouldn’t have thrown out your data even if it can’t read it.

I am hoping we’ll have this build tomorrow.

1 Like

Can you manually copy it to safari in your phone and run?

Hi Zingbri,

Can you follow the steps here?

We are prepping a build if these don’t work. We’ve had some success restoring data from the archive.

1 Like

No, it tries to open the app which crashes