Clear 2.2.3 (fixes & polish, now out!)

Clear 2.2.3 is now available on App Store

Fixes and polish:
• Shrank down back button on iPad
• Fixed a crash involving batch drag and drop
• Fixed a crash if you dragged sounds into volume settings
• Fixed a couple heatmapping cosmetic glitches
• Fixed ‘cash register sound’ bug
• Fixed some wonky unresponsive tap behavior with the ‘tag’ area for some lists without tags
• Onboarding ‘cards’ reduced to 1 from 6
• New simpler starting onboarding list
• Default to no quotes for fresh experience

Simple iCloud daily backups/restore option for new devices etc. is in the works for 2.3.1.

10 Likes

I appreciate the upcoming changes updates. Is there something analogous to a roadmap? I’m really missing the iOS shortcuts integration and would like to know if/when it’s coming.

6 Likes

Thanks for the update, excited for the watch app!

1 Like

I honestly don’t know yet on iOS shortcuts, I think the most optimistic would be diving into it fall or winter. The interest level is quite high but we want plenty of space and time to do the first round at it justice. (And I suspect it may end up entangling with some ‘personalizable gesture’ plans and feature.)

There are a couple projects for the app kind of taking up the oxygen right now for at the least most of this summer. Will definitely be sharing roadmaps for those after we get a little further in, and kind of complete our first internal round at covering the required pieces for it. Feels like we’re maybe 75% through an initial internal prototyping and proof of concept phase now after a month or so at it.

4 Likes

one of the best things about this app is the effort made to engage and inform, really appreciate it. When you say icloud backup, im guessing this doesnt mean being able to use the same lists on iphone and ipad, how far away would you say that would be? just asking not complaining.

3 Likes

Yeah this is just the daily backups that are more meant for reinstall Clear and get your lists back, or new device fresh install situations. We have started early work on syncing infrastructure but it’s best to mentally picture this stage of that project as a deep pit being dug at the site to build on top of, will take some more work for a time estimate to start forming.

3 Likes

Looking forward to the release! The betas for the watch app/app size have been good for me with barely a bug noticed overall.

1 Like

Submitted and approved, these are the Watch app screenshots. Should be releasing mid next week or so. (Holding for a few days so we can get the word out a bit.)

6 Likes

The screenshots of the watch look very cute. We are looking forward to it.

1 Like

Well I feel like an ass now, we just had a team meeting where we discussed holding the Watch app for a later release… we will keep a TestFlight up though if so lol. (And would ship the fixes separately.)

2 Likes

Oh. No problem.

1 Like

Makes me want to get an Apple Watch! lol

2 Likes

It is good there, the right kind of app that you want to check quickly and reference sometimes on your wrist, and the heatmap really pops and makes it feel like a shrunk down version of Clear :slight_smile:

But we have plenty in the works for the core experience too!

2 Likes

just curious, why?

1 Like

It may do better if it comes bundled with some of the other features in the works as a larger update… more exciting to promote and more rounded out.

On its own people with Watch will be excited and others will be kind of annoyed haha. But bundled together it’s just an awesome cherry on top.

I hope to share more plans on the other features this month with some early testing phase not long after that.

3 Likes

2.2.3 is now available on App Store

2 Likes

The Wallet icon has not been fixed properly. In this update. I’m just reminding you of that again.

1 Like

Thank you, mentioned it in team Slack but forgot to add to our tracking doc!

1 Like

problem is though, it means that those who want to use the watch app need to stay on the beta for much longer. apart from anything, it means you lose out in income as we can’t buy anything from the shop.

3 Likes

I actually started the recent request thread for the watch app after which it was taken on, but I haven’t had a chance to test it myself yet(!), and I didn’t download the TestFlight so I could keep buying shop stuff lol.

I really hope it isn’t delayed by a lot (esp. since it’s already ready), I look forward to the release.

3 Likes