TestFlight #13: The Shop

This happened when we renamed it, but I think we didn’t want to take it away from people who had it before. Will wipe out the dupe for launch.

You may have already heard of this, theirs is only 16 hours and 45 minutes left until shop stock changed, but the circuit and droid options will not allow purchase.

1 Like

I think Sunset and Dusk could actually be two different themes though, based on the icons?

(I care because Sunset as depicted in the icon seems great for November :maple_leaf::fallen_leaf:)

1 Like

Hmm I think you might be one beta behind. Can you check TestFlight to see if you have an update? (We added those two in the latest.) And we should handle this better for release.

Sorry Phil, I may need a bit of help. I thought I had updated clear, though you may be correct.

It does not show an update as possible, though it does say redeem at the top. I’ve never had to redeem to update before.

Would you provide some direction, this is what I see.
In TestFlight it shows version 2.0.0

Could be an issue with my device…

Sorry for this.

-kris

1 Like

Ok that looks like the right build. The themes weren’t purchasable? It might point towards them not being set up properly on one of the two beta SKUs. Will look into it.

Update: at 10:55 Pacific, I tried again, the prices were added to each item, and I was able to purchase the shop items.
Thank you!!!

1 Like

Hey Phil. Any chance of having New Clear sync across devices? Similar to the the original Clear app, it just doesn’t play nice across devices. I’ve just set up a new iPad from iCloud, and my lists from the iphone originally transferred across, but now nothing happens with the iPad if I add a new task to the New Clear app on iPhone. It’s incredibly frustrating to say the least!

Unfortunately the new design drops the iCloud sync… sorry to disappoint. It really needs a major rewrite and is a big project that we hope to tackle in the roadmap. Obviously this is something I’d like for myself too but we had to make some hard decisions to get some stuff out there as a smaller indie team.

Ok, thanks for letting me know Phil. I understand, but that’s a real pity though. I hate writing the same lists over and over across different devices - it’s a real pain. I’ll just keep using New Clear on the iPhone and forget the iPad and Mac for now - no biggie. Btw: what happened to the lighter coloured Heat icon and the Heat Map list? I love the original red version, but came to love the more pastel red/pink one too. Any chance of bringing those back as an alternative? Say, two Heat icons and Heat Map lists in a set?

1 Like

The Dawn theme? I think you unlock that via easy/early ‘Oriented’ reward.

Yes, that’s the one, but Dawn doesn’t appear on the iPad app? Only three options to chose from unlike on the iPhone. iPad only has Simple White, Simple Black and Heatmap and only one Heatmap icon to choose from. Unless I’m missing something?!

Btw: oriented in Rewards doesn’t work either. It just keeps reverting back to Heatmap. There is no Dawn icon to change to within the list at all. Pressing Oriented will changed the colour of the list to Dawn, but it won’t lock it in. Not sure what’s going on?

You have to do the thing it says to unlock it, then go to Personalize → Themes to apply it.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip, but it still won’t budge. I see the lock icon, but swiping, pinching, pulling, tapping, etc just won’t get it to go to the Dawn mode. I don’t know why it has to be so hard?! I’m just going to keep on using the iPhone app - as that works - the iPad app I’m deleting. No offence to the devs, but it’s absolutely of no use to me at this stage with such limited functionality.

The lock icon means it hasn’t been unlocked yet. (Check the Reward description for the requirements, it is basically visiting some sections of the app + making one list.) These are basically achievements like in video games, when they are completed and ready to claim you’ll get a little popup and each comes with a collectible as a reward.

What you’re seeing on iPad is the starting collection of themes, which is quite minimal.

Most of the achievements are designed to unlock over time with regular use so you’ll collect a good number of options over time. For launch if you want to quickly start with some options, we distributed 8 collectibles for launch over email updates. I’m sure someone in the forums will collect those together during launch week.

But yeah I definitely recommend sticking to iPhone version. iPad version is basically the same thing but without sync! It’s only recommended for people who primarily list on their iPad to start.

Also noting I do hope to make improvements on onboarding etc. over time. Probably split the rewards list into some sublists (like tutorial, advanced etc.) to feel less overwhelming too. This is the tricky part with Clear, it asks more of people (to pick up its gestures and differences) but it does payoff longterm. So we can always do a better job convincing people it’s worth it and making it easier for them to pick up.