Search bar for long lists

I’m quite interested in Spotlight search support for those reasons. We will look into this…

3 Likes

What you could do to access the search bar is pulling down from the title of the list/area you are in. I do love the idea of a spotlight search, but this idea popped into my head so I thought I’d share it.

1 Like

Even if not spotlight, maybe a search page in-app (perhaps its own category on the main Clear page). I’ve been using Clear a lot for long detailed lists too, to track project milestones etc, something I didn’t think I’d use a minimal list making app for lol, and that would def be handy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

i think the search should be hidden, but what to bring it out?

what i notice is that there is a duplication. to get a new item at the top of a list you can pull down. but you can also tap on the list name. maybe tapping on list name could produce the search box?

2 Likes

I think further out in the future, when Clear has personalizable gestures, it could be a good time to consider an in-app search as an action to pair. So you can swap pull to go back with search for instance. But personalizable gestures is probably like… a 2.5 or even 3.0 marquee feature kind of thing, so Spotlight Search is intriguing, and it would stay useful even if we add in-app option.

Have to look into it though, if the spotlight search integration requires swift data or something then it’s more involved!

2 Likes

We are looking into Spotlight search integration today:

6 Likes