Reminders: list info + tap to check

I’m starting to use the new reminders, and have noticed two things that would be nice:

1. Reminder notification shows list, not just item title. I have a bunch of lists and the items I put in them are not globally unique/descriptive, so when I get a notification for “Do thing!” it could be from any one of a handful of lists. Showing the list name in some way would be nice, and not force me to open the notification to tell what it was I needed reminding.
  2. Tap-hold to clear from notification: when I get a reminder I’ll usually just leave it in the Notification Center until I’ve done it, so it pesters me until completion of the task. With native iOS reminders, once I’ve done the thing I can just tap and hold on the notification and check it off (as well as delay the notification). The same functionality would be really nice to have in Clear, since it means I can do this quicker and don’t have to unlock my phone.
2 Likes

Will digest on 1. But 2 is on our list! I’ll see if we can get it in one of the next smaller updates.

2 Likes

Gotcha! Any quick arguments against adding (1)? Could potentially be a setting, for those who want to keep the experience as minimal as possible?

For (2) I’d be very happy with just the tap-hold to check (or rather, show the option to check) - pushing the reminder to later is something I can handle manually without issue. I generally find the iOS Reminder options to be quite lacking anyway (“remind me tomorrow” is pretty much the only one I use).

1 Like

Just a new idea/issue to chew over on my radar!

I’m thinking more about it now and was just referencing our current push notifications. I think it would be a straight improvement to just replace the current semi-useless “Clear” push title with the list name instead. Let me note that in our roadmap doc.

2 Likes

Looking into restoring the push option actions for 2.1.3 (2.2?), this is just figuring out icons for them:

2 Likes

I like these 3

The ones on the left have the arrow in the wrong direction.

2 Likes

I like the rightmost set, both the calendar one and the dial timers. But is it a bit heavy to have the intervals be that short? Doesn’t a “same time tomorrow” option have its place here?

3 Likes

True we can consider 24 hours addition.

Oh god you really are instant with replies😂 love it.

Yeah like I said that’s one that I find I use a lot with regular iOS reminders, I’ll set a reminder for a thing I need to do after work for instance, and then figure out “ah no I’ll have to do it tomorrow”. I guess I should get better at just doing it today, huh

1 Like

Makes sense, probably should’ve referenced some of the competition haha. Usually not our habit in some good ways but helpful in a case like this.

1 Like

Just noting that 2.1.3 will check off your first request, in addition to second. (List title for reminder push titles instead of ‘Clear’.) Solid improvement, thank you for suggesting.

1 Like

Awesome, thanks! Love it.

1 Like

Good suggestions, and great timing!

1 Like