Please bring back random item drop

In the beta, you stated that randomly dropping items was one of Clear’s main features. Now you’ve disabled it and give out 1-2 items per update. Why did you remove this feature?

2 Likes

In testing and some feedback I found them to be just more random/confusing feeling + less satisfying compared to the rewards, which are curated and paired with an accomplishment.

I think last where I left off thinking on these, I don’t mind the idea of them becoming a thing again but more for the ‘end game’ when you begin running out of rewards to unlock. Then I feel it would be quite targeted to the people who love collecting and want more, while also not confusing newcomers with more random feeling popups where they don’t quite understand why they unlocked something and such.

That or perhaps we reframe them as “Random Loot” rewards section and you claim them there, so it at least explains itself more?

Anyways I think the idea could still fit in Clear, but I wanted to update it in some way like this.

3 Likes

Yes please, +1 for more end game rewards. I’ll have like 2 left in a few days.

On the whole the advanced rewards were fun, it was nice to be able to track and see what you’d get instead of random drops.

4 Likes

Yeah that feels about right to me, I think I was in a similar place after several months of rewards through the beta testing period. Would like to get in a batch of ‘endgame’ rewards in, can probably move the 100 hours Koi Pond icon one there and sprinkle in a few new ones to start.

What’s the other one left for you? Assuming that was one of them!

2 Likes

Yep, the 100 & 300 day ones. Almost done with mindful monk & kanban king soon.

2 Likes