iCloud not working

I hope you have a Short Road Map, because having TWO lists is unacceptable.

5 Likes

With all due respect I agree (with Rickā€™s comment) , this was the main reason people bought your app. I loved it for having a Mac , iPad and iPhone appā€¦ and if you removed a sync feature you should have just left the app how it was (who wants 2 lists?)ā€¦ I donā€™t know if this is a money grab in the future where itā€™s going to be a feature that you will pay for to enhanceā€¦ but if it is that would be very disappointing because itā€™s an awesome app

5 Likes

After many years of loyal use, the sudden removal of iCloud syncing between devices and macOS version updates has made Clear completely useless to me. Just migrated all of my data to the native Reminders and Journal apps and have no intention of opening the Clear apps again. So longā€‹:wave:t2::wave:t2:

4 Likes

What a horrible oversight and such disrespect to loyal customers forcing them to move to a broken version of the application.

4 Likes

WHAT? :exploding_head: This is a productivity app. How could reducing productivity be a sensible move? Reducing synch/connectivity is totally against the way people use these digital solutions. I donā€™t get it. I too wouldā€™ve gladly paid to keep the old no-fuss, smooth i-cloud Clear.

5 Likes

Hi guys. Thank you for continuing with the app, appreciate itā€™s a passion project and these are the hardest to monetise. Iā€™ve also been using Clear for many years and the killer feature aside from its simplicity is the synchronisation between desktop and mobile. Unfortunately I also assumed this would be retained and am now wondering what to do about the thousands of entries I use to manage many aspects of my life and small business. It strikes me there is a very simple solution here; upload the old code to the store as ā€˜Clear 1.0ā€™ and provide a separate entry for the new version as ā€˜Clear 2.0ā€™ - This could be achieved in a matter of days and prevent an exodus of your very loyal and long-term user base. I would happily pay $100 to restore the previous version without blinking and/or $10 per month subscription to help you and your business get into the black and generate the resources to make Clear 2.0 every bit the successor to the first one. I imagine youā€™ll find, aside from the handful of grumpy and unsympathetic responders, many thousands of others prepared to support your passion with the funding you need if youā€™re prepared to restore that which weā€™ve come to love and depend on. Please, please consider restoring the old version to bridge this gap, kindest regards, Simon

3 Likes

I too share the same sentiments as Simon.

I used Clear to manage many aspects of my personal life and my businesses. The loss of sync has rendered it unusable for me. I would gladly pay for getting Old Clear back - be it a one-time large sum purchase or on a subscription basis.

1 Like

the worst aspect is that I adapted to the new Clear 2 by deleting my desktop apps from my Macsā€¦ now if version 1 was released again I would be even more angry because I would have lost everything! I believe that the best solution that perhaps will never come is to create a new updated app for Mac too. The problem arose at the beginning, it was not supposed to update on the old one but to release a new separate version.

2 Likes

Collectibles, schmollectibles! Clear 2.0, maybe Clear 0.2 is more descriptive?
How did anyone miss the iCloud sync in developing the new retro Clear?

3 Likes

iCloud sync might be available this year. Still not confirmed by the devs but they said itā€™s on the roadmap.

2 Likes

Yes it will be available but what if there isnā€™t a new Mac app to synchronize? I donā€™t think the priority is to synchronize between different iPhones but with different devices. I canā€™t understand at the moment

1 Like

Dev said there wonā€™t be Mac app for now. I hope at Least there will be iCloud back up/restore soon.

Please bring back iCloud syncing. The app becomes near useless for me without it

2 Likes

Please bring back iCloud syncing. Iā€™ve used Clear for years, but now it is nearly worthless to me without being able to sync lists between devices

2 Likes

iCloud working for Clear is essential AND having it not only for iPhone & iPad is also essential for productivity. People work on their laptops. I suppose then that Clear will not be part of Apple Vision Pro release either since that requires apps to work on all devices?

2 Likes

I just want to chime in with agreement. Thereā€™s a lot to like about Clear, but synching is essential for me. Iā€™ll return, and resume recommending it, when it is restored.

FWIW, I had started to use the beta, but went back to the original app when it wouldnā€™t synch.

I encourage you to make a BIG announcement when synching is restored to this version.

2 Likes

I am really upset. I canā€™t synch from my iPhone to Macbook anymore. I purchased Clear on both to achieve this. Can you please allow me to downgrade back to the last Clear version where this was possible as this was not made ā€˜clearā€™ā€¦

2 Likes

I had to reset my iPad and What a surprise to find out that I also lost all my Lists, all Rewards achieved and all Gift collected by sharing the App. ( like colorful themes, sounds and Fonts)
I canā€™t believe all goals were not saved by the App and now I would have to start over again!! at least I can restore previous purchases

1 Like

I had to reset my iPad and :scream: What a surprise to find out that I also lost all my Lists, all Rewards achieved and all Gift collected by sharing the app. ( like colorful themes, sounds and Fontsā€¦ anything, How sad!) I canā€™t believe all goals were not saved on my Apple ID. I can restore only my previous purchases. And now I would have to start over again ā€¦ Thank you very much :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Look for Archives. Should be in there.