Collapsible section in lists

So I was reading up on new iOS 18 features and stumbled upon a feature in the upcoming Notes app that would be awesome to have in Clear.

see this photo:

I thinks this would be an awesome feature in Clear for organizing some lists in one swoop instead of having to create multiple lists of similar topics just to keep organized as it is currently.

I have some art related lists but would be great if I could create just one list called Art Projects and then separate that list into collapsible lists for sub categories like poster art, sketches, warmups… etc.

Great for Power users and would be out of the way for those who don’t need it.

7 Likes

I second this. Collapsible sublists would be awesome. In my perfect fantasy Clear app the sublist would have three settings 1) Open 2) Open but small font 3) Closed but with a discreet icon that indicates there’s a hidden list.

1 Like

I know the team’s biting off bigger things right now, but as days go by I more and more want nesting more than anything. 36 lists deep, it would really help to be able to break them down into sections. And with the way I suggested doing it once before (being able to rename My Lists, then pulling down to add more of those), it doesn’t even add a tier to the interface. The ultimate use it if you want it, don’t if you don’t.

2 Likes

Granted I am a relatively new user but isn’t that essentially what the app is - one big collapsable list? :thinking:

Yeah, but when you add enough lists it just makes more sense and feels better to be able to break them down further into sections like work, school, home, fitness, buy, etc. Especially if there’s a way to do it where it changes nothing for the people who don’t want it.

2 Likes