Mac Version coming?

This is just a check in to see if Mac support and iCloud sync are on the roadmap? I’m at a crossroads as I’m trying to be more efficient with my devices and my workflows and the fact that I have the legacy clear app on my Mac that doesn’t sync with my phone is becoming a bit of a dealbreaker. I love the new app and themes and icons and have spent WAY too much customizing it but it’s coming to the point where I don’t know if it’s actually providing what I need for a basic todo list. When I can’t add an important work reminder from my computer and have to reach for my phone I feel like I’m committed more for the glitzy icons and themes than the actual usefulness of the app. I really really appreciate all you’ve done to revamp the app but I’m concerned that the lack of the more serious (less fun) features may contribute to a drop off in usage over time.

4 Likes

This is a tough one for us right now. It requires a lot of time from effort from us as an Indie team. Sync is on the roadmap – likely a later in the year project after we stabilize revenue.

1 Like

I will say there are also I think a surprising number of fairly high impact and useful features coming that are just much more manageable designing/engineering lifts for now in comparison to Mac/sync. So I hope those add up for you too!

Also I realize it’s not sync but in case useful, the new widgets you can set up on Mac, and at least mirror your iPhone lists. Can’t type in… for longer lists I sometimes pull up notes on Mac, type it out, and copy then iCloud paste it into Clear iPhone. I hope that doesn’t rub salt in, not suggesting it as a replacement, but a couple workarounds I use myself for now!

1 Like

As a workaround, can you enable the iOS version for M1 Macs? I mis the integration I had with the previous Clear version across devices.

4 Likes

I’m really skeptical Clear’s custom UI would just work out of the box! But you do make me curious to check internally. I think my main worry after that is it would probably trip up people expecting iCloud sync more that we don’t have for now. Would really want to sleep on it, if it makes sense to consider ahead of us eventually getting back to sync.

2 Likes