Gesture to edit list title

Hello - can you remind me the gesture to edit a list title please? If I single tap I get taken into the list itself. If I long click I can re-order the list title with other list titles. I’m looking to rename one I created a while ago.

Once you’re in the inside the main list, do a long-press.

2 Likes

Worked it out ! Long press on title once inside that list :blush:

1 Like

Yes you can do a long press (though don’t have to actually hold long at all) in the my lists view to edit title too.

I’ll be keeping an eye on this. I’m hoping it’s something that for most people, they kind of figure out when they need to. But we should probably teach or reference it somewhere too since it is not exactly standard iOS behavior.

Sidenote: this change intersects the removal of the list count along the side in the app… we had originally thrown that in last minute into the 1.0 design because with long list titles, there was no space to tap to open lists. So it required some margin.

The new design no longer requires this tappable margin! I think this is a nice simplification for the ‘quietness’ and pristine lack of on-screen clutter that has always been at the heart of Clear. But understandably a bunch of you are missing a design feature that was a part of the app since the very beginning. This is awkward, but we’re thinking about how to thread this needle.

1 Like

Can confirm the semi long press in the my list view works as well. Before I was long pressing to the right of the text. To edit successfully in that view I needed to do it on the text. Thank you for taking the time to reply :blush:

2 Likes