Duplicating lists: what are the conditions?

I’m not sure if this is a feature request or if I’m making some kind of mistake. One of the zillion things I use Clear for is to create packing lists with subheadings, and spending time to make the same lists over and over again feels very counterintuitive to how smart/efficient Clear works otherwise.

When I screenshot => text => copy text a relatively short list of items, and I paste, I get the list items separately, with the title of the list above it as another item. This is great, this is what I want!

But when I do the exact same thing with a much longer list (which I want to do with packing lists), it will paste the entire text in 1 item.

What are the conditions or limits to being able to duplicate / copy-paste all items in a list?

If there are no conditions, how do I duplicate a long list?

And if the conditions are limiting at the moment (e.g. up to 10 items or something), the feature-request would be to make that have no limit, please. :pray:

7 Likes

What you’re describing sounds like a bug! It should still work as you expect for longer lists. Let me see if we can test this here a bit today and reproduce the issue.

1 Like

In our testing we’ve been able to reproduce this issue just a couple times, but are having difficulty consistently replicating it & nailing down the potential triggers.

If anyone has any more specifics about encountering this issue, please feel free to post here or message help@impending.com via iMessage or the Support link in Clear!

1 Like