Disabling Quotes

Would be nice to have an option to disable the motivational quotes from displaying. Even if they were replaced by a different string like “Nothing Here!”. Clear is so beautiful and minimalistic in it’s design, but a tiny bit of my joy is lost each time I clear a list because the list still is not fully empty… it’s now got some random quote in it lol

2 Likes

I never thought of the quotes as controversial or polarizing! Curious to see how others feel here.

One thing you’ll see in upcoming TestFlights is us diving a lot more into personalizing your lists how you like them. We’ve been thinking a little bit on quotes there – that it could be fun to let you personalize what kind of quotes you get (wisdom, creativity, zen, etc.) I’d say that if we end up shipping a version of that ‘no quotes’ could one of the options. We’ll see!

2 Likes

I like the quotes. However, I may use Clear differently than Online because I don’t usually “clear” a list. I tend to keep the crossed off items at the bottom. If I actually complete a list I delete the list rather than clear it, so I don’t see the quotes all that often. I guess my lists tend to be a working document or one and done.

2 Likes

I have always liked the quotes aspect, but the fact that one is “Move fast and break things.” -Mark Zuckerberg, I wouldn’t mind disabling them just to avoid that dude alone.

1 Like

Oh. Yeah, hang tight there, there’s a lot of quotes in there that we put in many years ago. We’ll be doing a pruning pass.

1 Like

I like the quotes - I feel it adds a lot of character. I am curious if there is a specific library the quotes are pulled from?

They’re just quotes I picked out over the years :slight_smile: I was probably kind of inspired by the old Apple Think Different campaign, there’s a lot of overlap there in the curation.

2 Likes