How to open shared lists in app

Hello, my wife and I have used clear for iPhone for years. We have just updated to the new clear and can’t work out how to open shared lists in the app. In the past my wife would shake her phone, send her nightly shopping list to me, I would select the icon in the email and it would open in the app. Now she does a screen shot and all I get is a screen shot that I can’t open in the app. Can you please tell me how to continue our nightly ritual? We have relied on your app for a long time and could really use your help.

Unfortunately this feature is no longer available. From what I’ve gathered, the team behind the app was not able to support every feature when modernizing the codebase for the ground-up rework. I have no idea when or if a shared list feature will come back.

1 Like

Thank you I appreciate your response. This removes the main function of this app for us, which is a real shame.

1 Like

I have a workaround to suggest for now though it’s not ideal. When you screenshot, there will be a plain text option that pops up you can tap to share. Your wife could copy/paste this text, then paste it into a fresh item to ‘import’.

We’re interested in making this ‘one way send a list from Clear to someone else’s Clear’ more friction free somehow in the future. (Even some early experiments with app clips which we may return to in the future.)

1 Like

Thanks for responding phillryu. It all seemed so seamless and simple in the previous version. Hopefully a similar functionality can be found.

1 Like

I am hopeful there. There’s a lot of incentive for us to figure out the right organic friction free solution. (It’s a great way for our app to spread!)

1 Like